The latest release
The latest released version is 1.8 Pro. Download it here and give it a try. You will get a 15 day evaluation of the Pro edition, after which Serviio automatically reverts to the Free edition.
Release notes are here: Release Notes - 1.8.
|serviio-1.8-win-setup.exe||135,240,048 bytes, MD5: 9087db6190697a3a25313a7829c01b38|
|serviio-1.8-osx.tar.gz||127,754,223 bytes, MD5: 703b5fae45da4c1121789f0fca406488|
|serviio-1.8-linux.tar.gz||24,775,262 bytes, MD5: 4fa5ed3075fd363e409f63a0fe6b6a95|
|Serviio 1.8 for QNAP is available in your NAS App Center|
|Serviio 1.8 package for Synology NAS|
|Serviio 1.6.1 package for Asustor NAS is available in your NAS App Central|
|Serviio 1.8 package for ClearOS|
Are you upgrading and wish to keep your media library? Check out how to do it.
This release includes FFmpeg (post) 3.0.2 compiled using this source code, libRTMP 2.4+ compiled using this source code, Lame MP3 Encoder (v. 3.99.5) compiled using this source code. Refer to README.txt for the complete list.
- 512 MB of memory or more
- 150 MB of disk space (plus additional space for storing the media library), when using transcoding make sure there is at least 1GB free (depending on the original file size)
- if on Linux, Java 8 must be installed. Windows and OSX come with Java runtime aready included in the installation.
- Linux users need to install the FFmpeg package (incl. libRTMP, libASS, libx264 and libmp3lame) for their OS distributions or, ideally, compile FFmpeg using the source files provided above
- Linux users need to install the dcraw package if they need RAW image support
- Only 64-bit OSX machines are supported, with OSX 10.8 minimum